Supporting Headteachers, Senior Leaders and Governors on all aspects of school life.
We are a professional and supportive point of contact for schools, providing advice and guidance on a wide range of education issues, including:
* Day-to-day management of queries including education legislation, policy and procedures.
* Solution focussed discussions on issues/concerns - help to find a way forward when you are stuck.
* We develop and provide model policies and guidance on a range of subjects, including template letters to parents.
* Signposting to agencies, services and people where appropriate, for example, Communications Team, LADO etc.
* Liaise with internal and external agencies on schools behalf, where appropriate, for example, Public Health England.
* Managing difficult and aggressive parents, including mediation when needed.
* Providing advice and support on a wide range of safeguarding issues.
* Providing support in managing allegations against adults in schools and academies, where appropriate.
* In conjunction with the Surrey County Council Legal Services Team, providing advice on requests made under the Freedom on Information or Data Protection Act.
* Supporting schools in the management of enquiries from outside agencies including Ofsted, Education Funding Agency, MPs, Councillors and the Police.
* Onsite induction, additional visits and support new Headteachers/Principals/Heads of school.
Useful Guidance Documents
Useful guidance documents can be found in Area Schools Support Services - Resources Area
Annual contracts and other packages
Ad-hoc support and other services